The following is a list of end of the year events at our school:
It will be dress down all week the last week of school to allow for students to participate in our various activities. Uniforms will not be required to be worn. Please remember our dress code policy states that all shorts/skirts must be no shorter than 2” above the knee. Tank tops, spaghetti strap tops, and sleeveless shirts may not be worn. Midriffs and shoulders must be covered. Students will need to wear shorts or leggings under skirts. Also, students are permitted to wear sandals to school if their sandals have a back. Flip flops are not permitted. If students are not in proper dress code, they will be asked to call home for a change of clothes or shoes. If you have any questions regarding our dress code, please contact the office.
Monday, May 21: Kindergarten Community Circle- Community Circle begins at 9:00 AM and kindergarten is in charge.
Tuesday, May 22: Viking K and Sprint- Viking K (Clinton City Park) and Sprint (Voyage Academy)
The following are the race times for the Viking K for grades 1-6:
**Viking Sprint beginning at 2:30 PM- Teachers have notified parents of those students who will be running in the Viking Sprint. If you have any questions about whether or not your student is running in the Viking Sprint, please contact your student’s teacher.
Wednesday, May 23: Locker clean out/Yearbook day- Students who are still wanting to purchase a yearbook will be able to purchase a yearbook on a first come first serve basis. More details as to the time that yearbooks will go on sale will be coming soon. After this day students will not have access to lockers. All items that students bring with them to school will be left in the classroom.
Thursday, May 24: Field day/Fire Truck- Please make sure that your students dress appropriately to be outside during Field Day. They will need to remember to wear sunscreen and shoes with a back. Flip flops are NOT permitted to be worn on Field Day. Students are welcome to bring a towel with them to school tomorrow as the Clinton City Fire Department will be coming with their fire truck to spray the students at the end of the day. Students will not be allowed back inside the school after the end of the day after the Clinton City Fire Truck comes. Swimsuits will NOT be allowed to be worn on field day or when the Clinton City Fire Department comes with their fire truck. Students will also not be allowed to remove their shoes when the Clinton City fire truck comes.
Friday, May 25:Last Day of School/6th grade Celebration- Our 6th grade Celebration of Success begins at 9:30 AM. ALL kindergarten students will come to school at 8:25. Kindergarten students will be dismissed at 10:15 AM. Please plan accordingly.
***Please note that the last day of school for our 2017-2018 school year will be Friday, May 25th. School will be dismissed at 11:00 AM this day and lunch will not be served.***
With the end of the year coming we wanted to remind you that students with an outstanding lunch balance will NOT be able to receive their yearbook, if one was purchased, until their overdue lunch balance is paid. Students will also not receive their yearbook if they have overdue library books that are not returned or fees for damaged books that have not been paid.
With it being the start of another school year we wanted to remind parents of procedures with regards to pick-up and drop-off in our parking lot. Please remember that while not always convenient following these guidelines will ensure that pick-up/drop-off runs smoothly and safely.
• We are seeing parents who are parking on the north side of the parking lot in the mornings and waiting with their students in the car until the bell rings. Parking spaces on the north side of the building that are WEST of the crosswalk are for faculty and staff only. Students need to be dropped off in front of the building. Parents driving in this area prevents our students from remaining safe in the crosswalk on the north side of the building.
• If you are dropping your students off somewhere other than directly in front of the school in the drop-off lane, please make sure that your students are using the crosswalk located north of the school. Parents and students need to use the crosswalk that is on the north side of the school. We are seeing many situations where students are being dropped off across the street and are then crossing the street NOT in the crosswalk. We are also seeing many situations of parents dropping their students at the curb on the east side of the parking lot and then letting them run through the school parking lot while cars are entering and exiting. PLEASE remind students to use the crosswalk located north of the school when crossing the street and to use the sidewalk and crosswalk on the north side of the parking lot to get to the school if not being dropped off directly in front of the school.
• For the safety of students, please ensure that students who are exiting or entering vehicles in front of the school do so ONLY through the car doors that are closest to the curb. Please do not let students enter/exit vehicles via doors that face the drive thru lane.
• When dropping students off in the morning it is NOT okay for parents to pull in front of the school and wait with their children in the car in the drop off lane until the bell rings- this prevents other parents from dropping their students off; students are NOT permitted to walk through the parking lot to get to whomever it is picking them up- the only place that it is okay for a student to get into a vehicle is after they pull in front of the school into the pick-up lane. Students are also NOT permitted to walk through the parking lot when being dropped off or picked up. It is not okay for students to exit their vehicle in the lanes on the east side of the parking lot. Students need to wait until they are in the lane in front of the school before they exit their vehicle.
• During pick-up and drop-off please remember that there is only ONE lane to enter the school. Please follow proper lane directions when driving through the parking lot. Note the north entrance/exit is blocked off and the center turning lane is blocked off in order to make sure that pick-up and drop-off runs smoothly. Also, please remember that there is no left turn when leaving the school during pick-up and drop-off times. Please do not move the cones at any time.
• Please refrain from parking in the spaces on the east side of the parking lot during pick-up and drop-off hours which are 8:00 AM-8:30 AM and 2:30 PM-3:30 PM.
• We know that many of you pull up in front of the school to wait to pick-up your students to be released at the end of the school day. Due to our poor air quality, we have been asked to remind all parents to please turn their vehicles off while waiting for students. Please do not let your cars idle while waiting for your students after school. Parents need to remain in their vehicle during pick-up and drop-off. If you need to exit your vehicle for any reason during pick-up/drop-off, please park your vehicle.
The Clinton City Police Department has also asked us to warn all parents that they will be writing citations to individuals parked or dropping off students in the red zone. They will also be writing citations to individuals who are crossing the street outside of the crosswalk. The safety of our students is Voyage Academy’s and Clinton City’s top priority. Please remember that these guidelines are for the safety of our students, visitors, faculty, and staff.
Thank you for making sure that you and your students are following proper parking lot procedures.
Our office hours are Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM and 8:00 AM to 1:30 PM on Friday. Please make sure to pick up your child as soon as school is dismissed. If you ever have a question regarding Voyage Academy please contact the office or refer to our website www.voyageacademyutah.org.